Sunday, March 29, 2009
Parades NYC April / May
When: held on Easter Sunday 11am
Where: on 5th from 44th to 57th Streets
More Info: Easter Day Parade in our Image Server 212 397-8222
The Easter Parade by theinsider.com
An opportunity for New Yorkers to dress up in outrageous Easter bonnets.
Tips: There's also an Egg Rolling Contest in Central Park on the Great Lawn (ages 5-13). Viewing platforms around St. Patrick's Cathedral
April Fool's Parade (Don't Say You Weren't Warned!)
When: April 1st
Where: Fifth Avenue, from 59th Street to Washington Square Park
Spectators are invited to join the parade dressed as their favorite fool. Upon reaching the end of the parade route, a fool of the year is selected, by audience acclaim from a list of nominees.
Scottish Bagpipers & Drummers Parade
When: First Weekend
Where: 6th Avenue north from 44th to 58th Streets
Sikh Cultural Society Parade & Festival
When: Late April
Where: Broadway from 41st Street to 27th Street | 27th Street from Broadway to Madison Avenue | Madison Avenue from 27th Street to 23rd Street
More April Events:
These are usual times and locations. Make sure to check ahead for confirmation.
* The baseball season begins for the Mets and Yankees!
* NYC Ballet Season Begins - late April to June.
* The Annual Village Fair in Greenwich and Eats Village neighborhoods features neighbourhood community exhibits, ethnic food and restaurant booths, gift and general merchants, craft artisans, antique dealers and loads more. More info: 212 809 4900
* Spring Crafts Park Avenue takes place at the beginning of at Seventh Regiment Armory. First weekend. More info: artrider.com
* Big Apple Comic Book, Art & Toy Show at Penn Plaza Pavilion. First weekend.
* Family Bike Fest at Riverside Park, Pier 1. First weekend. More info: Bike New York
* New York International Auto Show at Javits Convention Center. Second weekend. NY International Auto Show by Jim's Deli.
* New York Antiquarian Book Fair at 7th Regiment Armory. More info:212-777-5218. Mid-april.
*24th International Orchid Show at Rockefeller Concourse. Mid-april.
* Manhattan MS Walk in Historic Richmondtown. Mid-April.
* Havana Film Festival features screenings of almost 40 films from throughout the Americas. Late April.
* New York Independent Film & Video Festival at Village East Theater. Late April.
* New York Bicycle Show at 69th Regiment Armory.
Last Monday in May, Public Holiday
Quotes from Gracie Mansion and Mayor Rudy Giuliani:
"Today and tomorrow, as we remember the fallen heroes who have lost their lives in defense of our democracy....the heroes who served the people of this country...The noble act of saving human lives is the highest demonstration of love. This kind of concern for the safety and well-being of others, this is type of behavior that unites a city."
Memorial Day Parades
Brooklyn 9am; Start: 80th St & 3rd Ave-98 St-4th Ave-101st St
John F. Prince Post 6478 Veteran’s Memorial Day Parade
Queens 9:45am; 90th Ave & Cross Island Pkway-North to Winchester Blvd-South
to 93 Ave-West to Springfield Blvd-South to Jamaica Ave to Vets Plaza
Whitestone Veterans’ Memorial Day Parade
Queens Noon; 149th Street and 15th Drive
US Veterans’ Organization Memorial Day Parade
Staten Island 11:30am; Forest Ave & Hart Blvd to Forest Ave Shopping Mall
Fleet Week has become a Memorial Day tradition, and New York's way of saying "thank you" to members of the Armed Forces. A full range of entertainment is provided for sailors and guests. More Info: Navy Fleet Week.
o add your City to the participation list
Cuban Day Parade
When: First Sunday
Where: 6th Avenue from 44th Street to Central Park South
More info: 212 348 8270.
Over half a million people line the streets to cheer on a lively carnival-style parade.
Bronx Latinos Unidos Parade
When: First Saturday in May
Where: Grand Concourse from Mt Eden to 161st Street